Sunday, January 31, 2010

*Update* Performance/ Or Object at Large (1/31/2010)

Okay, so I've made quite a bit of progress during the weekend. Just finished making the renders for the cloth parts of the project and stitched them together; double layered thick/delicate patterned fabric, double layered cotton, hem/bias tape lining, grommett/eye-lets with lacing. Also fiberglassing was a bit tricky -- hit n' miss if you will. But whatever the outcome is, I'll stick with it. The final draft(s) of armor have been hardened, sanded down, spotted and some primed. Will finish the process sometime this week. Don't worry, I'll save some work for when I get to class on Tuesday and Thursday. Most likely will only be doing some touch ups to the fabric and designing the mounting hardware. Next--next week will be painting the armor plates/pieces, weathering them some, and then clear coated. Maybe some other stuff as well. Who knows. Anyway, that's all for now. Here is some picture documentation:

















http://img688.imageshack.us/i/img3802u.jpg/

Gosh, who has the time to write these "blogs" any how? I sure don't. Wait...if I don't, then why is this post even here? Hmmmm...changing subjects, I had an epiphany. I've been inspired not to use fiberglass any longer. Reason why? It's too hard to use and doesn't give you good results no matter how tedious and careful you are in any part of the process. Plus it's highly toxic and will not clean off of anything. More specifically, your hands. Plus you're always on a short time limit, so to work well you must work fast. But doesn't that increase the chances of mess ups? Which is why I woke up literally at 6:30AM in the cold to work...I seriously need to find another medium *sigh*

-Jarred

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, if you look closely at the pictures. You'll see the following: night, morning, noon, afternoon/evening. It's like you're really there looking at what I'm doing frame by frame...how weird is that?

    -Jarred

    ReplyDelete