Friday, January 22, 2010

Sculpture Assignments (3 Art Pieces) - 1/20/10

-This assignment was #70. Writing a series of goodbye's that you're willing to abide by and actually are willing to let go. An overall easy assignment, however finding a bunch that I was willing to dish out was another story. So what I have below is what are my faults and or issues if you will. I Think I could have added more, but what's left?

Writing:
Say Goodbye
-Goodbye anger
-Goodbye past
-Good bye being over-annalistic
-Goodbye procrastination
-Goodbye greed
-Goodbye fear
-Goodbye embarrassment
-Goodbye impulse buying
-Goodbye swearing
-Goodbye being naïve
-Goodbye comparing myself to others

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The following two pictures are tied into assignment #49. The purpose of this particular assignment was to draw somebody that your friend refers to quite often. Basically draw/sketch your friend's friend essentially. Strictly drawing only by description and comparison to other people and not the actual person that you're drawing. That being said, it was very difficult -- also on another note. The drawer must use only red colored pencil. Which to me is very difficult, being as that I had no room to erase and modify. So this attempt here was a straight shot and a lame one at that. As goes with any other type of art work. I still think I could have done a better job and I still see room for improvement.

Sketch:


Photo (I know it's a very unclear image; but please bear with it):


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio (Recorded):
-The following song is called: Jerry Huynh - Cold Heart; this song was created for assignment #48. In hopes of achieving the intended goal of being, sad. The creation of this particular piece took roughly 4-5 hours at most. Took quite a bit of trail and error as well as actual "thinking" to put the song together the way I did. Overall the song is a compilation of piano, acoustic guitar and bass -- as goes with any other type of art work. I still think I could have done a better job and I still see room for improvement. Have a listen...of course if you had a choice, which you don't. So me saying that is just well, rhetorical and somewhat redundant? Ha:




Regards,

-Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment