Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Sculpture Assignments (1/26/2010)

Performance/ Or Object at Large
My intended “idea” for this particular assignment is to make a right arm gauntlet shield. Basically a very unique looking arm brace that is red in color with gold piping and or highlights. The armor if you will is Japanese in composition and structure with a hint of Chinese detailing on the outer shelling. Basically the finished product can be worn on any clothing with just the feature of sliding on and locking in place. Materials consist of styrene, craft-foam, hot glue, and various other “undecided” materials. What is the reason behind this idea? Well, the main message I seek to portray is to promote an image or at least a thought of “protection” in a sense; more specifically a guardian type figure/idol. In my eyes, a right arm that wields a sword, projects an image of a person that’s an aggressor. Whereas, a right arm with a shield and no weapons promotes the thought of a protector or guardian; conversely, in many other instances, the shield is often held in the left hand for defense instead of the right. Moreover, I hope to succeed in my goal of projecting an image of a guardian or protector.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collecting Assignment
For this particular assignment I am planning on colleting a series of paintball marker (gun) parts. However, much more accurately speaking I will be collecting autococker parts and upgrades. Many of which will be rare and genuine flagship productions from the original manufacture via buy, sell, and trading forum(s). The forums include: Pbnation.com, Customcockers.com, Mcarterbrown.com; All items and parts will consist solely of metal, aluminum, and stainless steel, of course in various colors and finishes. Ultimately, my main goal being achieved in the assignment is to begin what I started a few years back, which is buying and or collecting rare parts. So in a sense, this is essentially benefiting me more than anything, but at the same time getting credit for this class as a bonus. Being able to get my hands on great parts has always been a passion and an obsession if you will. So in turn, partaking in this assignment will be a great pleasure as well as a lot of fun. I expect to spend easily $100-200 on these parts; however, I will penny pinch most of the time. On another note, the collections will be both new and used; in many cases used.

No comments:

Post a Comment